We try to make it as painless as possible for clients to open new accounts. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- The client completes a Questionnaire and returns it to us (questionnaires are available in the Forms & Investor Relations menu under Forms) .
- We complete the paperwork shown below in blue shading and send it to the client for review and signatures.
- The client returns the signed paperwork, together with any additional required documents (as indicated in the unshaded boxes below) and funds the account (see below).
|Individual Account||Trust||Conservatorship or Guardianship||IRA||Administrator or Executor|
|Items in blue will be provided to you by PIN. Items in white must be provided by you to PIN.|
|Brokerage Application||Brokerage Application||Brokerage Application||IRA Application||Brokerage Application|
|Signature Card||Signature Card||Signature Card||Signature Card||Signature Card|
|Management Agreement||Management Agreement||Management Agreement||Management Agreement||Management Agreement|
|Transfer of Assets (optional)||Transfer of Assets (optional)||Transfer of Assets (optional)||Transfer of Assets (optional)||Transfer of Assets (optional)|
|Checkwriting (optional)||Checkwriting (optional)||Checkwriting (optional)||Checkwriting (optional)|
|Trustee Certification of Investment Powers (TCIP)||Court appointment stamped within the last 60 days||Certified copy of death certificate|
|Trust document||Court appointment stamped within the last 60 days|
|Court Approval to Invest (Special Needs Trusts)||Affidavit of Domicile and Letters Testamentary (Executor only)|
There are 3 ways to fund an account.
- Checks: Make checks payable to “National Financial Services” – we also recommend that the client write the account number (that we will provide you) on the memo line.
- Wire transfer: Contact us for routing instructions.
Direct transfer of assets/cash from another account: Complete a Transfer of Asset (TOA) form and include a recent statement.
There are 4 ways to withdraw funds from an account. Please note that most funds have a one- or three-day settlement period, so if trades must be placed in advance of a withdrawal, plan accordingly.
We can send a check: No charge for regular mail; $15 for overnight mail
Clients can write a check (checks and check writing privileges may be requested at the time the account is opened). Please contact us first to make sure the funds are available.
Wire Transfer: There is a $15 fee associated with outgoing wire transfers (banks may charge an additional fee).
Electronic Funds Transfer: There is a one-time, ten-day setup period, but thereafter the funds will transfer within a day and there is no charge.